[etoys-dev] Etoys: GetText-Richo.14.mcz

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 23:22:08 EDT 2011

I think it's still useful. I used it to export all translatable strings for
Physical Etoys (including the Etoys translations). But maybe there is a
better way that I ignore.

Also, I was thinking about the translation support and I came to the
conclusion that I really hate the String>>#translatedInAllDomains hack. The
problem is that I don't know how to fix it so it would find the right domain
in *all* cases.
So, here is my idea: what if instead of having a bunch of .mo files, we come
back to the big etoys.mo file but keeping the .po files divided in domains?
I mean, the translators would be happy because they'll have all the files
splitted by domain. And, at the time of compiling, we merge all the po files
into one huge etoys.po file and just compile that, thus simplifying the
#translated stuff a lot.

I don't know if this will work, but if you think it's a good idea I'll give
it a try tomorrow.

Cheers,
Richo