[etoys-dev] Etoys: GetText-Richo.14.mcz

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 00:20:22 EDT 2011

Hi.

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Ricardo Moran <richi.moran at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it's still useful. I used it to export all translatable strings for
> Physical Etoys (including the Etoys translations). But maybe there is a
> better way that I ignore.
   Ah, I see.

> Also, I was thinking about the translation support and I came to the
> conclusion that I really hate the String>>#translatedInAllDomains hack. The
> problem is that I don't know how to fix it so it would find the right domain
> in *all* cases.
    I think translation support in Squeak/Etoys have introduced unique
problems and
    the hack is reasonable workaround at this time.

> So, here is my idea: what if instead of having a bunch of .mo files, we come
> back to the big etoys.mo file but keeping the .po files divided in domains?
> I mean, the translators would be happy because they'll have all the files
> splitted by domain. And, at the time of compiling, we merge all the po files
> into one huge etoys.po file and just compile that, thus simplifying the
> #translated stuff a lot.
   Once split domains, there could be the case that a phrase have
multiple translations.
   (Note: ability to have multiple translations might be opportunity )
   So I suspect merging translations isn't good change.

/Korakurider