[etoys-dev] Regarding project-specific translations

Séverin Lemaignan skadge at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 12:30:28 EST 2011

Hello,

(First, sorry if this question has been already answered: I didn't
find the answer in this mailing-list)

I'm working on the SqueakBot project, which is getting closer and
closer to the Physical Etoys project.

We have a fair amount of strings that are specific to this project,
and we try to currently support 3 languages (English, Spanish and
French). Most (but not all) of these strings are in tiles.

My current approach, consisting in exporting all the EToys .pot and
completing the missing SqueakBot/Physical Etoys strings in the
relevant .po files.

As you can imagine, it's painful to maintain it synchronized with the
official translations, and it forces us to redistribute the whole .po.

So, I'm wondering if there's a better way to manage it, like a project
specific .po file?

I must say I've not yet dug into the translation system, but if an
'official' way to deal with it exist...

Cheers,
Severin