[etoys-dev] Connect Etoys and Scratch

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue May 24 08:10:27 EDT 2011

On 24.05.2011, at 13:57, Steve Thomas wrote:

> On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 6:35 AM, Koji Yokokawa <ky at yengawa.com> wrote:
>> Try to receive messages from Scratch.
> Couldn't figure out broadcasting from Scratch to Etoys.  In Scratch I broadcast "go".  In Etoys I tried a script named "go" and one named "broadcastgo" but nothing happened in Etoys. One of your short simple videos would help ;)

I guess Koji-san meant to use a custom event to trigger the script on the ScratchClient. The script name is irrelevant. If you disable "etoys friendly" you find "define a new custom event" in the "more..." submenu for the script trigger. That lets you define other triggers than "mouseDown", "mouseUp" etc. IIUC you need to name it "broadcast:go".