[etoys-dev] Camera in e-toys/scratch

Derek O'Connell doc at doconnel.f9.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 18:28:49 EDT 2011

Hi Karl,

On 13/10/11 21:24, karl ramberg wrote:
>  I'm considering renaming the WebcamMorph in Etoys as its much
>  different now from the original code. Partly because the original
>  code had so many setters and getters. Many where for settings that
>  where planned features not yet working. Others seemed to be
>  overreaching the needs Etoys has.

The morph was fully working but what is probably missing is the set of
fxMorph's that were designed to work with it (in simple d&d fashion via
PasteUp morph as a holder). I'm sure I published these as well but will
check in the next few days.

In the past few years Etoys has become defined by the requirements of a
group of educationalists, which is great for the amount of attention
that has resulted. Hopefully however no one is claiming that Etoys is
restricted solely for educational use and I'm sure there are plenty of
people who simply like to quickly experiment with ideas (me included).
The WebCam morph was created with this latter group in mind but I'm
happy if it can be chopped down for other uses.

-D