[etoys-dev] Etoys: MorphicExtras-kfr.41.mcz

Derek O'Connell doc at doconnel.f9.co.uk
Sat Oct 15 03:22:54 EDT 2011

On 15/10/11 02:00, karl ramberg wrote:
>  On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Bert Freudenberg
>  <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> > On 13.10.2011, at 20:47, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
> >
> >> Karl Ramberg uploaded a new version of MorphicExtras to project
> >> Etoys: http://source.squeak.org/etoys/MorphicExtras-kfr.41.mcz
> >>
> >> ==================== Summary ====================
> >>
> >> Name: MorphicExtras-kfr.41 Author: kfr Time: 13 October 2011,
> >> 10:47:37 pm UUID: 999c47e0-2257-0249-8f43-87899271a4d4 Ancestors:
> >> MorphicExtras-kfr.40
> >>
> >> Some more fixing. I'll say this is pretty much good to gow now.
> >> Famous last words...
> >

> > I just committed the Mac CameraPlugin, and tried your code. Worked
> > on first try, great!
> >
> > Things I noticed:
> >
> > The camera stays on when I leave the project. It should turn off -
> > we're not spying on users ;)
> >
> > After loading a project with a "running" camera, it does not
> > restart automatically.
> >
> > For both of these I think we should use the intoWorld/outOfWorld
> > mechanism. See VideoMorph.
> >
> > When I duplicate the camera I get two cameras. When I delete the
> > one camera, the other one stops, too. However, the tile still says
> > it's "on".
> >
> > We should hide the old camera from the object catalog. Maybe just
> > remove it from the "multimedia" page and still leave it in the
> > alphabetical list. And rename the new one to Camera (we don't
> > really have to rename the class, but it would be consistent to do
> > so).
> >
> > Got errors in Player when I tried to rotate the camera. All the
> > getters should use the "getValueFromCostume:" idiom. Similarly, the
> > setters should use "setCostumeSlot:toValue:".
>
>  I get problems with the plugin when I rotate player. If I turn the
>  plugin of it cant be turned on again. The image crashed when I
>  manually tried to get a frame from the plugin.

Oops, I never needed to rotate, sorry for the omission. On the original
webcam morph in Player I am now using "^ self getValueFromCostume: #"
and "^ self getValueFromCostume:toValue:" on the getters/setters and
"costume renderedMorph <whatever>" (correct?)  in
takeSnapshot/updateDisplay. That seems to solve these problems. Atm
snapshots are getting added to the holder but not displayed so I still
need to solve that before updating.

-D