[etoys-dev] Etoys: Tools-kfr.14.mcz

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Fri Dec 14 00:14:26 EST 2012

Karl,

Thanks, so just to ensure my understanding, this is basically allows me to
drop a "tile representing an object" into a textual script and the
referencenName (as opposed to the externalName, which is what the user sees
when you get the halo) is inserted for use in the textual script.  This is
needed because the externalName is not necessarily unique and can't be
referenced directly by just using that name in a script.

So this is good and useful.

Now don't shoot me for asking (and please don't do what I am asking, there
are far more important things I am sure), but...

Wouldn't it be simpler and less confusing for the user if the externalName
was the referenceName?
Of course by simpler, I am only referring to the User's viewpoint, not that
of the programmer :D

Cheers,
Stephen