[etoys-dev] Etoys: Etoys-Richo.103.mcz

karl ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 13:07:47 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Steve Thomas <sthomas1 at gosargon.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 7:49 PM, Scott Wallace <
> scott.wallace at squeakland.org> wrote:
>
>> Better, arguably, is to give a newly-launched variable a default name and
>> a default value-type, and then also make it more straightforward and
>> inviting to change the name and change the value-type, without needing to
>> fish in menus.
>>
> Agreed. Something like:
> [image: AddVariable I.png]
>
> or
>
> [image: AddVariable II.png]

Nice.

Maybe we should use the PropertiesMorphs for this ?

Also some of the variable types have additional spec
Number and Point have 'decimal places...'
Player have 'tiles to get...' ( I'm not really familiar with this)

After reading Scotts mail I think this dialog should be presented by
request, not by default.
And that we bypass the 'FillInTheBlank' naming of variable in the first
place ?

Karl