[etoys-dev] graphing and watching enhancements

karl ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 16:54:39 EST 2012

I fixed a issue with the coarse grid not behaving with offset. I had to
find the proper starting point in the count variable and things worked
fine.

Karl

twoTierGridFormOrigin: origin grid: smallGrid  background: backColor line:
lineColor darkerGridEvery: darkerGridEvery darkerGridColor: darkerGridColor
"Answer an infinite form that repeats a pattern involving grid lines with
darker ones at regular intervals, such as 'engineering paper'."

| smallGridAsPoint gridForm gridOrigin fullGrid aColor darkGridOrigin
countX countY |
smallGridAsPoint := smallGrid rounded asPoint.
fullGrid := smallGridAsPoint * darkerGridEvery.
gridForm := Form extent: fullGrid depth: Display depth.
gridOrigin := origin \\ smallGridAsPoint.
darkGridOrigin := origin \\ fullGrid.
backColor ifNotNil: [gridForm fillWithColor: backColor].
darkGridOrigin ifNotNil:[countX:=  darkGridOrigin x. countY:=
 darkGridOrigin y]
ifNil:[countX:= countY := -1].

gridOrigin x to: gridForm width by: smallGridAsPoint x do:
[:x |
aColor := (countX \\ darkerGridEvery) = 0 ifTrue: [darkerGridColor]
ifFalse: [lineColor].
gridForm fill: (x at 0 extent: 1 at gridForm height) fillColor: aColor.
countX:= countX+ 1.].
gridOrigin y to: gridForm height by: smallGridAsPoint y do:
[:y |
aColor := (countY\\ darkerGridEvery) = 0 ifTrue: [darkerGridColor] ifFalse:
[lineColor].
gridForm fill: (0 at y extent: gridForm width at 1) fillColor: aColor.
countY:= countY+ 1.].
^ InfiniteForm with: gridForm

"
| aPlayfield |
aPlayfield := PasteUpMorph authoringPrototype extent: 640 @ 480.
aPlayfield color: (GraphPaperParameters twoTierGridFormOrigin: (0 at 0) grid:
16 background: Color green muchLighter line: Color blue muchLighter
darkerGridEvery: 10 darkerGridColor: Color blue muchDarker).
aPlayfield openInHand
"

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Scott Wallace <scott.wallace at squeakland.org