[etoys-dev] x-y plane questions

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 20:52:41 EDT 2012

Hi,

I made a couple of changes to the number lines that I would like you to
check:
* I added two tiles: "transform to pixel" and "transform to graph" (the
names could be improved but I didn't know how to name them). This tiles
take a number as a parameter and return it transformed to the other
coordinate system. It's a general way of using the number lines and I think
it could be very useful.
* I changed "x on graph" and "y on graph" to take into account the object's
rotation center. However, I could have messed up with this and it could
have undesired side effects, so testing would be needed.

I attached a project that uses the x-y plane for ploting bars (open it on
Etoys 5.0 beta 2).

Cheers,
Richo

P.S. I just found the "attached watcher" option and it's great!

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Scott Wallace <scott.wallace at squeakland.org