[etoys-dev] lost paint palettes

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 19:18:33 EDT 2012

I do not get this behavior in Etoys 5.0 on Ubuntu Linux. When I drag
the PaintBox out of view with the black handle, the border pops back
into the window. Now, if I move it so that the short edge is at the
edge of the window and then rotate it with the blue Halo tool or with
a script, I can get it to disappear, with PaintBox's x = 1411, and
PaintBox's left at 1293. But then I can get it back on the screen
using the _round up strays_ selection in _playfield options..._ on the
world menu (ctrl-alt-w or cmd-alt-w on different platforms).

Subbu, which platform are you using?

On Sun, October 14, 2012 3:02 pm, Harness, Kathleen wrote:
> Hi Subbu, .
> This below is using Etoys 5.0 on my PC.
> Drag the paint palette out of view of the right side of the world with
> left click and drag and it does show along the edge.
> Drag the paint palette using the black halo handle and it moves out of
> sight leaving just a little of the set of halo handles showing. Click on
> the world and those handles vanish leaving just the paint area rectangle
> and no way to get to that paint palette.
>
> After doing the above steps and shift drag around the remaining paint area
> rectangle, the X will delete the area. Then try to open a new paint tool
> from the Nav Bar and I get a paint area rectangle and brush still showing
> and  the message about only one paint tool at a time. Other objects in
> Supplies, eg Text are still available for use as usual, it is just paint
> tool's palette that is gone.
>
> I am not explaining this well. We may need to Google + screen share so I
> can show this happening. It breaks every time for me.
>
> Thank you for attributing to me deeper knowledge than I have . . . I do
> not know how to use this information even when I follow the steps "use
> "debug..." to "explore the world". The onion skin shows up under
> "root->submorphs->SketchEditorMorph" and its associated PaintBoxMorph is
> held in its palette attribute. Sketch editor creates a new paintbox only
> when necessary."
> Regards,
> Kathleen

Edward Mokurai (默雷/निशब्दगर्ज/نشبدگرج) Cherlin