[Io] Re: How close to Beta?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Mar 3 18:48:06 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 11:24 +0100, Marcus Denker wrote:
> On 03.03.2006, at 11:02, stéphane ducasse wrote:
>
> > Hi ken
> >
> > Our roadmap says that we are quite close to beta.
> > Basically adrian should fix the traits (should be easy and require
> > to recompile the image).
> > We should remove the toolsPlus and recompile all the package to
> > use := instead of _
> > to be consistent.
> >

> And then we want to try to merge with SqueakLand and SmallLand before
> going to beta.
>
> And a Merge with the Networking Team is overdue for 2 Months... we
> need that, badly.
>
>        Marcus

OK, thanks guys.

By the way, there is no Networking Team any longer, this is now the
'I/O' team which is a merge of the Files and Networking teams, just an
FYI.

Actually this is at least part of why I asked.  One of the issues has to
do with OldSocket and the fact that it is still used by at least one
class still in use 'HTTPSocket' and I was wondering what kind of time we
had to look into that.  Not much I guess.

Ken