[Io] Re: How close to Beta?

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Fri Mar 3 20:50:19 UTC 2006

Ken Causey wrote:

> Actually this is at least part of why I asked.  One of the issues has to
> do with OldSocket and the fact that it is still used by at least one
> class still in use 'HTTPSocket' and I was wondering what kind of time we
> had to look into that.  Not much I guess.

We should really try to get a more uptodate HTTPClient in. That
OldSocket stuff needs to go, as it is buggy and very, very slow.
For a project we are working on I did an adhoc port of of httpPut to
SocketStream and it was orders of magnitudes faster.

I started looking at the too existing HTTPClient implementations, but
didn't have any time to really come to any conclusions or code production.

Michael