Squill (was: Indexing attributes that return collections?)

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 03:57:34 UTC 2005

Hey Cees, I have been thinking about this program off and on for years and
would love to bounce some ideas off you.

I have actually made a "sketch" of a package that starts it off.  I call it
"Squill" and, should you be interested, I have just put it on SqueakSource for
your perusal.

Here are some of the major ideas and highlights.

SquillMessage wraps the MailMessage so it can offer some other things like the
"tokens" (i.e., [Q][et], etc.), the #was value, if present, so that the thread
can potentially link the other thread.

There is a container called SquillFolder, which can also hold other folders (a
composite).  The next larger-grained object is a special kind of SquillFolder
called a SquillOrganizer.  This decorator refers to a meta for itself called a
SquillOrganizerDefinition where your filters are defined.

MaMboxParser is a quick-and-dirty that takes one of those archive files, (mbox,
I think) and provides #messagesDo: which gives your block the MailMessage
instance.

The program is intended to be both my email client and mailing list "manager"
program.  I think this will (eventually) be a fun program to write..  Let me
know if you'd like to collaborate.

Cheers,
 Chris