Squill (was: Indexing attributes that return collections?)

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 08:19:02 UTC 2005

On 12/8/05, Chris Muller <afunkyobject at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have actually made a "sketch" of a package that starts it off.  I call it
> "Squill" and, should you be interested, I have just put it on SqueakSource for
> your perusal.

Great.

> SquillMessage wraps the MailMessage so it can offer some other things like the
> "tokens" (i.e., [Q][et], etc.), the #was value, if present, so that the thread
> can potentially link the other thread.

Yup - I have a TmaMailMessage for mostly the same purpose :-)

> There is a container called SquillFolder, which can also hold other folders (a
> composite).  The next larger-grained object is a special kind of SquillFolder
> called a SquillOrganizer.  This decorator refers to a meta for itself called a
> SquillOrganizerDefinition where your filters are defined.

Here I might deverge a bit - why organize in static folders? One of
the nice things of my current email client is that it doesn't do that.
You tag stuff, don't drag it. At most, I think I'd have not containers
but indexes with (del.icio.us-like) tags...

Sure, I'm interesting to collaborate here. If anything, it could
provide a nice use-case for Magma, my mail archive is large enough to
be a serious exercise for it :)

(BTW: check that you do reply-all on this list, it's not setup to do
so automatically)