Magma sessions

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Thu Dec 22 12:18:55 UTC 2005

Hi again!

Thanks for the answers btw. Now, some more:

I assume you (Brent) use two processes on a single machine (a Magma
server proc and a Seaside proc) and remote connections. And given what
you wrote on minnow I also guess you use one Magma session per Seaside
session. And AFAIK each Magma session builds its own "read set" so a
Seaside image with x users (sessions) would have x copies of the domain
objects read, right?

Now - the system in question will possibly involve around 100 concurrent
users. And most of them will be readers. So.... :) any ideas on
"smarter" solutions to that issue? For example, all Seaside sessions
could share a single read session and then allocate a new Magma session
(from a pool so that we avoid the allocation of course) when performing
a modifying transaction.

And while on the subject - anyone using multiple Seaside images in a
"round robin" fashion to utilize multiple CPUs or multiple servers?

regards, Göran