Magma missing dirty objects?

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Thu Nov 10 03:25:54 UTC 2005

Interesting..  I had never even considered the semantics of returning from a
commit block.  Maybe I was associating (confluencing) the atomicity of
transactions with the execution of the block..

> Anyway, i'll rewrite my code but I really think that "commit:
> [^foo]"

Ya know, you can do

  ^mySession commit: [ foo ]

and you get foo, so I guess you're saying you need to return from somewhere in
the *middle* of the commit block..?  I'm curious how you came to need this;
guard clause?

It's probably easily fixed with an ensure: around the #commit.  I'll try
putting that in for the next release.

Thanks,
  Chris