Error in KryptOn/Magma SUnit Tests

Dane Jensen careo at fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 7 18:49:12 UTC 2006

On Feb 7, 2006, at 9:09 AM, Chris Muller wrote:

> Hi Dane, that is strange.  I will take a look at it
> tonight.

I got it. I loaded everything into a fresh image and the KryptOn
tests passed with flying colors.

Some digging in the working image revealed the missing method is an
extension to BlockCipher added by KryptOn, and that the extensions
weren't present in the broken image.

Reloading KryptOn into the broken image added the extensions and got
the tests passing with flying colors.

> I assume you loaded "Cryptography 0.3" from SqueakMap
> prior to loading "MagmaTesterLoader" from
> SqueakSource.

Well... about that...

<sheepish look>I think what happened is I loaded MagmaServerLoader
from SqueakSource *before* loading Cryptography, got an error about
missing classes, remembered that those classes are from Cryptography
and that I needed to load that first, loaded Cryptography, then hit
proceed in the error thinking that all would be well with the
dependency resolved.</sheepish look>

Turns out it wasn't. KryptOn continued loading fine, just without
successfully adding methods to the classes from the missing
Cryptography package.

Thanks,
-Dane