[Seaside] Re: [Q] Question on Magma (or other Persistence Engine for Squeak/Seaside)

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ofset.org
Wed Apr 18 09:57:02 UTC 2007

Sungjin,

The slowness you are witnessing has not much to do with Magma. I think
it is more of a design problem with the example. Starting a Magma
session takes a couple of second as Magma check the integrity of the
ODB. However one Magma session can last longer than a Seaside session.
Try to look at the archive of the Magma ml, some people are using pool
of already started Magma session with Seaside to solve this problem.
Personnaly I have not yet addressed this problem. When using with
Seaside I just use one single Magma session for all the Seaside session,
but I will probably use the pool of Magma sessions when needed, if
nothing better.

Hilaire