[Q] Question on Magma (or other Persistence Engine for Squeak/Seaside)

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 19 04:53:49 UTC 2007

Sungjin Chun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've tested with WAMagmaShared session and it does make sushi store
> application little faster: 1 second faster. Attached screen shot is the
> proof. But I hope this should be order of 100 milli seconds at most.
> Any other thing that I should try? Or just change to other ones:
> OmniBase? MinneStore(again)?

I thought that the slowdown may be due to the transcript being open.

I looked through the code and put a halt in where the Magma Collection
is being accessed.

WABatchedList-batch

    ^ self items copyFrom: self startIndex to: self endIndex.

self items is a MagmaCollectionReader, so it looks like it is doing the
right thing.
executing this code directly on my very slow machine (700Mhz), I was
getting 944ms just to return this collection of 8 items. There are no
read strategies defined, but I am not sure that should make any
difference to the timing here.

Keith