Magma-Pier

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 20 03:00:52 UTC 2007

Greetings!

My error was in attempting to run pier with magritte still 30 versions
behind.
Now that I have tested it with an up-to-date magritte, the
seaside-magma-pier instructions that I have previously posted to the
smallwiki mailing list should now work.

In summary:

1) Load seaside and pier as usual,
update to at least Seaside 2.7a1-kph.214 because that has a small fix in
it.
2) Load the latest Magma from squeaksource project, MagmaTester, package
MagmaServerLoader.
3) Load Pier-Magma, and Pier-PersistencyManager packages

Everything has a UI from there. Configure your app to have
WAMagmaConfiguration, and WAMagmaSharedSession. Use the 'magma'
dispatcher editor plugin link to initialize the database, and the 'pier'
dispatcher editor plugin link to switch your pier kernel between
persistency schemes. (i.e. to turn PRMagmaPersistency on/off).

best regards

Keith