[Fwd: Re: Magma Seaside package?]

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Wed Jan 31 17:06:30 UTC 2007

Hi!

"Thierry Thelliez" <thierry.thelliez.tech at gmail.com> wrote:
> Göran. Anything giving some understanding of how the pieces work
> together would be great.

I will try posting a first shot tonight after my badminton, or tomorrow.
I have started an article. :)

> I spent some time looking at the code. The goals of Gjallar are quite
> ambitious and splitting the approach in 'Done' modules/features might
> help.

Yes, I plan to go over the website and document stuff like that.

> Still the model was not an issue when I looked at the code. I was more
> impressed (and overwhelmed) with all the infrastructure code that had
> to be put in place to glue the pieces together. I think that this
> could be quite an obstacle from benefiting the Seaside/Magma
> productivity capabilties. Anything that could help there would be
> great.

Mmmm, not sure exactly. We have infrastructure for:

- Q2Scheduler and friends. That's the "cron" part.
- Some Seaside components like Q2Navigation etc.
- The Q2Txn framework which is quite special for Gjallar.
- The Q2Form/Q2Field framework which is a tailored "Magritte" for
Gjallar.
- Q2MagmaMock classes in order to be able to execute the domain model
"in RAM" without Magma. Good for speedy unit tests.
- Some Session classes in order to be able to have a "common" API
regardless if sessions run through Seaside or in some other way.

A lot of the above would not be needed for "another" app. But as I said
- a stripped down Gjallar should be nice to be able to present. Will see
if I can find the time.

regards, Göran