Error on server side

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire2006 at laposte.net
Wed Mar 7 11:03:11 UTC 2007

Chris Muller a écrit :

>> I fix that, then I start to get
>> "class
>> definition unknow" error message,
>
> 99% of the time, the root cause of this error is your client has
> extended the protocol beyond what the server expects.  By looking in
> the right place in the debugger it will show which class belongs to the
> new id that the server could not interpret.  First, look at what id it
> says is not found in the server's debugger, then explore your client
> MagmaSession which sent the request:
>
>   aMagmaSession -> link -> serializer -> classIdManager -> classesById

Chris, this error does not pop up in the server, but in the client. I am
talking about the 'MaObjectSerializationSoftwareError: class-definition
not found' error.

With this error, nothing appear in the server. It is only when shutting
down then restarting the server, I got the other error in the server
(see my post with the two sreenshot. After this error the ODB cannot be
re-used, I have to recover from back-up.

> One possibility is you creaed a new index-type that was not present on
> the server, therefore not part of the servers protocol, so it couldn't
> materialize it..

Normally no. In case of doubt (because I modify one index method), I
uploaded  the newest class definition in the server, but still same
problem. I think I have a problem in my new code, because some ancient
version of it was working in November.

Thanks,

Hilaire