Magma used in production apps?

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Thu Feb 28 07:44:07 UTC 2008

Hi!

(hmmm, your base64 encoding makes my Celeste slightly confused)

"Chris Muller" <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you expand on what you mean about the "non standard" part?

Yes, what I mean is that in Gjallar we have reified all our kinds of
database modifications.
This means we have a class hierarchy subclassing Q2Txn (Q2 = Gjallar
prefix), for example there is a Q2CaseCreateTxn.

So when we create a case in Gjallar we don't do (silly pseudo code
coming up) as one would typically do:

session begin.
allCases add: aNewCase.
session commit.

Instead we do a much more elaborate operation kinda like:

session begin.
txn := Q2CaseCreateTxn new.
txn subject: 'blabla'; description: 'more text'. "etc etc"
txn apply. "this does mainly the same thing as the typical code above"
allTransactionsSinceDawnOfTime add: txn.
session commit.

...but in a much more elaborate, convoluted way of course only in order
to make it really hard for a Gjallar newbie to understand what the heck
is going on and thus make the wrong conclusion that using Magma is
complicated. :) :)

regards, Göran