Magma and UUID?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 15:07:00 UTC 2008

Hi Jerry, what image are you using?  It sounds to me like #printString
was moved up to ProtoObject in your image.  That's a bad idea, IMO; we
should be moving things out of ProtoObject, not into.

Remember, the proxy's are supposed to be lightweight stand-in's for
their real object, they are not supposed to be able to understand
anything but a most minimal protocol.  When it receives a message it
does not understand itself, #doesNotUnderstand: is invoked on the
proxy where it undergoes its transofrmation to the real object and
forwards the message.  Any messages which have been moved to
ProtoObject will actually be understood by the proxy and therefore not
undergo the transformation to the real object when those messages are
sent.

I would make sure that #yourself is not implemented in ProtoObject
either ,which would be a better message to force materialization than
#copy.

 - Chris