Magma Session connection perfomance?

Stuart Herring st-lists at stuartherring.com
Sat Feb 28 11:05:45 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 5:27 AM, Udo Schneider
<Udo.Schneider at homeaddress.de> wrote:
> I do not really care about the server - however having a user to wait for
> 10-12 seconds for the initial page/login is quite another story.
>
> I'm currently using a base 3.10 image with r42alpha4 on a DualCore 2.4 Ghz
> Linux Machine.
>
> Are these times "normal"?

I'm seeing the same, with r41.1.
I'm expecting I'll have to do connection pooling to mitigate it, which
isn't much of a problem - you usually have to do that with most
databases anyway, but it would be good to know whether or not these
times are typical, or if they're indicative of something wrong.

For me, it's 5 seconds connect time on a 2.3GHz Core II, and a full 20
seconds on my EeePC (which is what I tend to use for development - so
finding a way to speed it up would be really useful).

Standalone vs Client / Server doesn't make much difference for me.
I'm also on a 3.10 image - maybe it's worth trying 3.9 to see if that
makes a difference.

Regards,
Stuart