Migration headache

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Tue Mar 3 21:38:17 UTC 2009

Hi!

Chris Muller wrote:
> Hi Göran, I recommend using the latest r42 alpha code as you have.

Good! :)

> I'm not sure what happened with the SortedCollections, but I'm glad
> you got it fixed.

Yeah, got past that.

> Unfortunately, Magma does NOT support become through the session,
> because that would require knowing all references to an object in the
> huge repository.  But yes, the MagmaFileTraverser could be useful for
> performing such a migration..

It turned out primitiveChangeClassTo: worked fine! I will blog about the
details. It would also be nice to have more info on available hooks for
doing migration, or add such hooks. :) And oh, I get this truncation
warning - I understand it, but how do I make them disappear? Or in other
words - how do I get Magma to grok the new class shape? :)

regards, Göran