Magma/Pharo

Daniel Lyons fusion at storytotell.org
Mon Apr 11 06:29:38 UTC 2011

On Apr 11, 2011, at 12:09 AM, Amir Ansari wrote:

> It certainly works on Pharo 1.1.  I haven't yet upgraded to 1.2, so I can't confirm that it works on the newest version of Pharo.  Anyway, it's not just Squeak!
>

> On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 22:08:47 -0600
> Elliot Finley <efinley.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> bump.  Is Magma only supported on Squeak?

You guys really need to stop promising that someday it will be easy to install Magma in Pharo and either: 1) put up a Metacello configuration that works under Pharo, 2) put up a wiki page with precise, tested instructions for getting it installed, or 3) stop saying that Magma is not a Squeak-only product and admit that you have no intention of actually supporting it under Pharo. Your current scheme is humiliating new users, and you're only getting feedback from the ones that get on the mailing list before giving up.

—
Daniel Lyons