Magma/Pharo

Daniel Lyons fusion at storytotell.org
Mon Apr 11 21:49:05 UTC 2011

First, let me apologize for my explosion.

In Pharo 1.2, the correct way to install Magma _appears_ to be
following these instructions in Pharo in the 'Installing external
projects' workspace:

    Gofer new
	squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
	package: 'ConfigurationOfMagma';
	load.

    ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMagma) project latestVersion) load

This results in some version of Magma being installed, I'm not clear
which. The result of running the test suite is that of 384 tests, 344
pass with 1 expected failure, ten failures and 29 errors. I don't yet
know how to interpret the test runner screen, but it looks like the
failures are in MaIdentityKeyWeakValueDictionaryTest,
MaWeakIdentityKeyDictionaryTest, MaWeakKeyDictionaryTest,
UnixProcessUnixFileLockingTestCase,
UnixProcessWin32FileLockingTestCase, and WBTestBarrier. The errors
seem to be in MaClientServerTestCase, MaWeakIdentityKeyDictionaryTest,
WBTestBarrier and WBTestSystemChanges. I suspect those are all the
missing and:and:and: selector on Boolean, because I got a lot of
messages about that while running the tests.

I don't know if this means I have a working Magma or not. I would like
to know.

If this is right, this information could be placed on the wiki. I see
how to do that, and if it's right, I see what should go there, so
if no one objects I would like to put this information on the wiki.

Thanks. And again, I am very sorry about my outburst.

--
Daniel