How to load Magma into Pharo 1.2?

Marco A. Gonzalez marcoinc at mac.com
Mon Feb 7 17:52:45 UTC 2011

Hi,
What is the currently recommended way to load Magma into Pharo 1.2?

(Still learning in an attempt to move from Java and relational databases to Smalltalk)

What I tried from a fresh install of Pharo 1.2RC2 from
* instructions in the "Installing external projects" window displayed by evaluating "DEVImageWorkspaces openExternalProjectWorkspace" from the "Welcome to Pharo" window leads to a dependency problem with FlapTab. (I saw some posts relating to this that indicate that Miguel Coba knows about this)

* instructions from Miguel Coba at http://www.mail-archive.com/pharo-project@lists.gforge.inria.fr/msg31841.html (September posting) lead to the following error:
	The method SmalltalkImage osVersion has been deprecated. Use OSPlatform

* instructions from Miguel Coba but replacing MetaRepoForPharo11 with MetaRepoForPharo12 leads to the following error:
	The method SmalltalkImage osVersion has been deprecated. Use OSPlatform

* instructions "Installing Magma" found on http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2657 (I used 1.1r1, 1.2alpha1 following the "you should see "r42Final" or a later version") lead to the following error:
	This package depends on the following classes:	FlapTab

- Marco A.

Marco A. Gonzalez
email: marcoinc at mac.com