Magma 1.4 on Pharo 1.4 and beyond

Milan Mimica milan.mimica at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 19:11:47 UTC 2013

On 6 January 2013 07:16, Stuart Herring <st-lists at stuartherring.com> wrote:

> Hi Cris,
>
> I might be able to take it on.  I don't have a huge amount of time, but I
> use Magma for most of my projects, so I'm likely to end up doing it for my
> own sake anyway (either that, or stop using it, and I don't want to do
> that, because it's spoilt me for most other methods of persistence) - I
> might as well share the result.

I'm also interesed in having it running on Pharo (currently on 1.4) but I
just don't feel up to the task doing it by myself. I certally will do
testing send complaints.

Hint: in Pharo 1.4 sending #class is not magic any more and it can be
overriden, so proxies and write-barriers can be even more transparent.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net