Magma 1.4 on Pharo 1.4 and beyond

Stuart Herring st-lists at stuartherring.com
Mon Jan 7 22:33:07 UTC 2013

On 7 January 2013 05:07, Chris Muller <ma.chris.m at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I copied it over.  I've already started the Squeak fork by
> beginning to clean a couple of the methods that had case-logic
> depending on whether Squeak or Pharo.  I'm not very experienced with
> multi-platform development what do you think is the best way to
> approach?  I'm thinking we just maintain our own forks and consume
> fixes/enhancements from each other by merging them into our own fork
> by hand.
>
> I also added you as a developer to each of:
>
>     http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/MaBase
>     http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Ma-Client-Server
>     http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Magma

Thanks!

> Hmm, I'm trying to think whether Pharo-forked versions of the same
> packages should be colocated in the same repository or in a separate
> one?  Let's coordinate our strategies before adding new packages.

My feeling is separate repositories - at least until we get a full
picture of how it's going to pan out.  That should help keep confusion
down.
I'll probably have to experiment a bit to see what works -
particularly with finding the easiest way to handle merging upstream
changes from you.

Regards,
Stuart