[Morphic] Nebraska removal

Juan Vuletich jmvsqueak at uolsinectis.com.ar
Fri Dec 30 14:06:48 CET 2005

Hi Edgar.

I revised your code and I have some comments that I hope will be useful for
you.

1) Your changes include code that would outside our packages. As I
understand it, I can only publish new versions of our packages.

2) On ClassDescription >> allMethodsInCategorybeginsWith:
 - The method comment makes no sense to me
 - aName should be called prefix
 - The selector could better be allMethodsInCategorybeginningWith: but such
a long selector is ugly too.
 - The variable categorybeginsWith should be called categoriesbeginningWith
(The names are very important, and should be in proper English)
 - Where you do "select: [:c | c beginsWith: aName] thenCollect: [:any |
any]." the thenCollect: is not needed
 - Anyway, it's better not to create the categorybeginsWith collection. It
is not needed.
 - You create an OrderedCollection only to later make it a Set
 - aColl is an ugly name
I believe that code that goes to the official image deserves more care and
thought.

3) I'd rather not add any of the #allMethodsInCategorybeginsWith: you add.
They are actually not needed. #unloadNebraska is not needed either. If I
remove the senders of #remoteCanvasesDo:, then I can unload Nebraska cleanly
from the package browser. I believe we should try to remove redundant stuff,
and not add more!

4) NebraskaWorldState >> forceDamageToScreen: . The comment makes no sense

5) I don't see the means to actually use NebraskaWorldState. I don't see the
means to migrate existing instances between NebraskaWorldState and
WorldState.

I understand these comments might sound a bit harsh, and I apologize. But I
believe you can do better!

Cheers,
Juan