[Morphic] Re: NewMorphic Feedback (1 source control)

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Jun 22 01:11:36 UTC 2007

Hi Jerome,

Jerome Peace escribió:
> Hi Juan,
>
> Cool.
>
> Thanks for listening.
>
> I've actually followed progress to know how much you
> advanced things. (Real time performance and the color
> background fix. Great steady progress.)

:) Thanks.
> I am using things on an old 400hz iMac running OS9.1.
> I'm using one of JMM's old macClassic vms. So I need
> to find out if you changed anything in th vm you
> distribute with the system?

Not at all. I should delete the VM from the zip file. It is misleading.
Ok. Done.
So, you are doing a serious performance test there! Unfortunately, the
Morphic 3 stuff uses Floats for coordinates, and I haven't worked on
performance yet, so everything should be slow...
> I can try somethings that blow my mac out to the water
> complete with the macbomb system crash box. That only
> happened while using a low memory allocation. I'm
> having better luck when I give the vm more room.

I believe the same should happen with any Squeak image, right?
> I am about to try your new addr. If this doesn't
> bounce then were golden.

Yep, here I am.
> The last try missed probably due to some typing on my
> part.

Now I'm working on scrolling and clipping. I hope to publish something soon.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich