[Newcompiler] [AST] Comments from RBParser

Mathieu Suen mathieusuen at yahoo.fr
Fri Aug 4 21:59:31 UTC 2006

Andrew Tween a écrit :
> Hi,
> I've had a quick look at the RBParser in VisualWorks and Dolphin Smalltalk, and
> the RBParser implementation in AST is a bit different to (behind???) both of
> them. I don't think it will take much effort to improve the current AST RBParser
> to make it do what you want. Attached is a changeset which might improve things,
> although it hasn't been tested properly, and it certainly won't solve all
> problems. I think that by fixing things step-by-step eventually we will get the
> comment handling correct.
>
> Incidently, Dolphin has a configurable formatter/pretty printer that uses the
> RBParser. If you have access to an MS Windows computer, you might want to get
> hold of the Dolphin Community edition and take a look at its options.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

Thanks for your investiagation and your fix :) I have look in Dolphine.
Yes it is seems to do it in a better way than in squeak.

But the question is do we continue to maintaine RBParser or make our
SqueakParser compatible with RB so we can "removed" RBParser(make it as
 an interface like Parser2)?

And I know that you have your parser to for shout...

What do you think?

Cheers,

Math