[Newcompiler] Bootstrapping. (Was Re: [Newcompiler] points for math)

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Sep 26 09:20:03 UTC 2006

On 16.09.2006, at 14:22, Andrew Tween wrote:

> So, if I am correct in the above, the initial installation is ok
> because the old
> compiler still exists.
> The problems are with regenerating using SmaCC dev (which users
> might want to do
> themselves if extending the compiler for their purposes); and
> installing a
> different version of new-compiler in mcz format.
>
> Is this correct? Have I forgotten, or misunderstood anything?

Yes, this is correct.

1) regenarte Scanner/Parser with Smacc
2) Load new compiler package

2) could be solved by atomic load for Monticello. (Which we
desperately need
as the current loading is making lots of problems in many cases).

1) could be solved by providing a bootStrap Parser (just a copy).

      Marcus