[Newcompiler] Trouble loading NewCompiler.

Marcus Denker denker at acm.org
Sat Nov 14 15:11:23 UTC 2009

On Nov 14, 2009, at 10:28 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2009, at 8:13 AM, Michael van der Gulik wrote:
>
>> Hi NewCompiler people.
>>
>> I'm having a bit of trouble loading NewCompiler into my main Squeak-3.10.2 development image.
>>

> I never tried 3.10, but as the changes between 3.9 and 3.10 where not that, uhm, numerous, I don't think that there should be any problem.
>
>> There are errors popping up such as Syntax Error, and MessageNotUnderstood in MCMethodDefinition. I can fix each error, but it's a pain and a waste of time.

Hi,

There was  probem with the loader that it would not load anymore on Squeak. I fixed that.

There is now a #loadStablePackages39 to get a newcompiler as it was used back in 3.9:

For Squeak, do:
	NewCompilerLoader new loadSqueakPreload
	NewCompilerLoader new loadStablePackages39

Filename:	NewCompilerLoader-tt.8.mcz