3.9: Numbering?

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Mon Aug 15 18:59:49 UTC 2005

Am 03.08.2005 um 05:55 schrieb Andreas Raab:

>> Bert helpfully sent out the list of a dozen or so installed
>> packages in
>> the Impara SqueakSource image, but installing these packages in a
>> fresh
>> 3.7 image is turning out to be not as trivial as it should be,
>> although
>> it should be doable.  (E.g. I had to first track down all the
>> packages;
>> some of them need to be loaded in a certain order; some
>> (KomHttpServer)
>> seem to require being installed via SqueakMap and not MC; I ran
>> across a
>> bug in SimpleServiceEntry (which I fixed) which prevented some
>> packages
>> from being installed; etc.)

Yes, unfortunately I didn't take notes when I installed our server
image - but I remember I had to do the same hunting for packages etc.

>> Hey Bert, what is in your SystemFixes-bf package?  I didn't see
>> that one
>> anywhere online... that may save me some trouble.
>
> Unfortunately, Bert is off for vacation - don't expect a response
> right now.

I'm back now. SystemFixes-bf.1 only contains one method, a tiny
improvement to ChangeSet class>>uniqueNameLike: to answer the
original string when no such changeset exists. IMHO this is
completely unrelated.

- Bert -