3.9alpha update stream (was Re: source.squeakfoundation.org)

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Sun Jul 3 00:10:44 UTC 2005

On Jul 2, 2005, at 3:37 PM, Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2005, at 8:30 PM, Doug Way wrote:
>>
>> The only problem is that you have a version 4 (Balloon-avi.4.mcz) out
>> there in the 39a repository, and SqueakSource thinks that is the
>> "latest" one.  Should I try to create mine as a version 5 instead?
>> (Not sure offhand how to do that.)  Or is there a way to delete your
>> packages?
>
> Oh, ok - I had expected you would first load my versions (or start
> from my image), and then apply the changes, and then commit - in which
> case yours would be going in as Balloon-dew.5.mcz etc.  That way we'd
> actually record (for whatever it's worth) the changes done by the
> reorg cs.

Yeah, I tried that though and I'm not able to load all of the 39a
packages into a fresh 3.8-6665-basic image+MC.  (When loading Kernel I
get an MNU: TextMorphEditor>>changeParagraph:.)  I think maybe the
image you used to create the packages did part (but not all) of the
Reorg?

So anyway...

> But what you're doing is fine too - we should just blow away my
> versions and start again.  Probably the best then is to delete the
> current 39a package and start a new one.  Not sure if you have the
> permissions to do that, but if not let me know and I will.

Yeah, I think it'd be easiest to do it this way.  It doesn't look like
I have permissions to delete the current 39a package or start a new one
(you have to be an admin), so if you could that, that'd be great.

- Doug