New 3.9alpha image is ready! (sort of)

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Fri Jul 15 13:55:51 UTC 2005

Am 12.07.2005 um 11:42 schrieb Bert Freudenberg:

> Am 05.07.2005 um 11:31 schrieb Bert Freudenberg:

>>> Thanks Bert, that was enough for me to go on, at least.  I came
>>> up with a fix in MCConfiguration>>versionNamed:for:from: so that
>>> it checks if the base version is in the repository first.  It may
>>> be better to fix in SqueakSource, but this seems like a
>>> reasonable fix for now.
>>>
>>> And of course, I used the new process to commit the fix in
>>> 39a. :-)  So, there is a new MonticelloConfigurations-dew.32 in
>>> the 39a repository at source.squeakfoundation.org with the fix.
>>> I also changed the MCConfig update #6676 to include this new
>>> version.  (Since it was broken before, I just overwrote it in
>>> place.)  You can grab the change for the "master"
>>> MCConfigurations repository (at Impara?) if it looks good to you.
>>>

>> Ok. I'll be back to Squeak work next week so I can look.
>>

> It's next week now :)
>
> So I just tried this. There must be something different on your
> squeaksource installation than on our's.
>
> When I access "http://source.squeakfoundation.org/39a/
> MonticelloConfigurations-dew.31(bf.30).mcd" it just hangs. On our
> server, for "http://source.impara.de/iSqueak/
> MonticelloConfigurations-dew.31(bf.30).mcd'" I immediately get a
> 404 not found.
>
> Here's the current list of my versions:
>
> DynamicBindings (DynamicBindings-gk.1)
> KomHttpServer (KomHttpServer-gk.6)
> KomServices (KomServices-gk.2)
> Mewa (Mewa-al.13)
> Monticello (Monticello-bf.254)
> MonticelloConfigurations (MonticelloConfigurations-bf.26)
> PackageInfo-Base (PackageInfo-Base-bf.22)
> SMBase (SMBase-gk.63)
> SMLoader (SMLoader-gk.24)
> Seaside2 (Seaside2-avi.86)
> SqueakSource (SqueakSource-bf.146)
> SystemFixes (SystemFixes-bf.1)
> TinyWiki (TinyWiki-lr.10)
> TweakMC (TweakMC-bf.11)

I just fixed something else ... your Multilingual package contains
source code with embedded "0" characters in
GreekEnvironment>>supportedLanguages. When trying to build the diff,
the parser crashes on this method, and I had no error handling for
this (it should not happen, anyway ;-). So now I just catch any error
that occurs during diff-building and fail properly (that is, answer a
404 and never try to build that particular diff again).

- Bert -