[Pkg] Monticello Updates

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 13 15:56:56 UTC 2008

Rob Rothwell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been watching all the recent Monticello updates flying by and
> have been wondering if I should be trying to keep up!
>
> I did for a while, but seemed to do something wrong and broke
> Monticello so that I could not save any code at all.
>
> Anyway, some advice on how "up to date" I should try to stay (and how
> to do so) would be appreciated...
>
> Thank you,
>
> Rob
As you may know updating Monticello with Monticello is a lot of a pain.
What you may not know is that these updates are designed to be loadable
with the LevelPlayingField script. This script bootstraps the packages
using a source file in first.  (
http://installer.pbwiki.com/LevelPlayingField )

To run in an image with a fairly recent installer...

Installer install: 'LevelPlayingField'.

If you need to bootstrap installer as well...

HTTPSocket httpFileIn: 'installer.pbwiki.com/f/LPF.st'.

If this doesnt work then pop into irc #squeak of an evening and we will
try and sort it out.

cheers

Keith