[Release] Status

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 29 17:40:59 UTC 2008

I thought I would try an end to end generation of 3.11 using the current
setup and see what we have in place so far.

Done:

• Reorganized the scripts a bit.
• Migrated MinorFixes and MinorFixesUnstable from the
installer.pbwiki.com into #taskBugFixes in classes ReleaseAfterSqueak310
and ReleaseAfterSqueak310Unstable
• Refactored SUnit suite building/filtering into a form I am finally
happy with.

I used the following to get a 3.11 release candidate...

.../vm/unixsqueak Squeak3dot10.7159.image
http://installer.pbwiki.com/f/LPF.st Installer
do="NextUnstableCandidate" SmalltalkImage save=Squeak3.11u

The immediate to do list is as follows:
• *.text files to be opened in Workspaces to provide the traditional
welcome etc.
• SUnit is not loading quietly
• It asks for initials at one point
• Unloading Universes is leaving 2 obsolete classes

regards

Keith