[Release] Some more questions

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Apr 10 00:46:50 UTC 2009

Hi -

Being the new liaison and such I've done some more reading and I'm
having a couple of questions trying to understand how the release team
works. First off, who exactly is the release team? Can I ask the member
of the release team to send a quick ping to show that they are present
and able to communicate? ;-)

Second, I'm still trying to figure out where we're going in 3.11. I have
not yet seen much of a goal and I'm still very much unclear on where we
are. I'm not asking Keith specifically, I'm asking *every* member of the
release team to communicate their expectations about when 3.11 is to be
considered done. This will either tell me that there is a good internal
understanding of what 3.11 constitutes and help me sharing this
understanding or it'll show that I'm not the only one who is confused
about where we stand and where we're going. Either way it will be helpful.

Lastly, I was flabbergasted when I looked at http://ftp.squeak.org/3.11/
  I expected to find 3.11 versions but instead I find every Squeak
version under the sun *except* 3.11. Does anyone know what these
versions have to do with 3.11 and why they should be in the 3.11
directory? Is this just a mistake or is there reasoning behind that
structure?

Thanks for any info,
   - Andreas