[Release] 3.11 liaison change

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Apr 7 14:55:02 UTC 2009

Keith Hodges wrote:
> I am afraid I have been completely snowed under. As soon as I get some
> spare time I will set bob building the "test"image from the tests marked
> on mantis.

What will this achieve with respect to the 3.11 milestones? I'm still
struggling trying to understand how to measure when 3.11 is done. Can
anyone help me understanding this? When exactly do *you* think 3.11 is
done and how would you measure progress on the way to that goal?

[BTW, I'm still completely confused about whether 3.11 has even started,
whether it is in alpha or in beta or what. I keep getting contradicting
answers and it would be mightily helpful if someone could clear up that
confusion as well]

> I would like 3.11 to be based upon the closures image. Bob has built an
> -lpf, and a -build using the closures image, but there is still some
> debugging to do.
>
> So I think the most helpful thing for you to help with would be to help
> knock the closures image into shape. (The pharo guys have been doing a
> fair bit of work with integrating it)
>
> How does that sound?

To be honest, it sounds like feature creep ;-) Closures weren't on the
list for the 3.11 when the process began and I'd rather get 3.11
finished than expand its scope. I have the feeling that you are all
having troubles finding enough time to move 3.11 forward and in this
situation expanding scope is probably not helpful.

Cheers,
   - Andreas