[Release] 3.11 liaison change

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 7 10:58:36 UTC 2009

Andreas Raab wrote:
> Folks -
>
> You might (or might not ;-) have noticed this but due to some internal
> reshuffling of responsibilities [1] I am now the "official" board
> liaison for the 3.11 release. Randal remains the contact for 4.0 since
> it's so intrinsically connected to relicensing but I'm trying to help
> out since he would otherwise have too many responsibilities all at once.
>
> I've been looking at the archives but since there wasn't too much
> communication I am not sure how I can best help. Please let me know
> what you'd like help with - I can be anything from coder, to tester,
> to whip, help communicate, or whatnot. Your choice ;-)
>
> I still feel somewhat uncomfortable defining when exactly we would
> consider 3.11 "done" and how far along we are in that process. I would
> very much like to try to come to a schedule which we can communicate
> and work towards so I'd appreciate any help you can provide.
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas
Hello Andreas,

I am afraid I have been completely snowed under. As soon as I get some
spare time I will set bob building the "test"image from the tests marked
on mantis.

I would like 3.11 to be based upon the closures image. Bob has built an
-lpf, and a -build using the closures image, but there is still some
debugging to do.

So I think the most helpful thing for you to help with would be to help
knock the closures image into shape. (The pharo guys have been doing a
fair bit of work with integrating it)

How does that sound?

Keith