[Seaside-dev] Contributing bug fixes in Seaside

Jimmie Houchin j.squeak at cyberhaus.us
Fri Dec 7 21:51:31 UTC 2007

Hello,

What is the preferred procedure for people like me who have a potential
bug fix for Seaside. I am not one of the developers and do not mind
having my work inspected by others before approval and being committed.
However, I am happy to commit to the repository if that is preferred. I
just don't want to cause problems. Though I am very cautious about
anything I would commit.

While playing around today, I ran into an error when playing with the
Functional Seaside Test Suite and clicking on the Date and Time
Selector. I clicked debug, and fixed the code. It is running fine now. I
do not know if this is the best way to solve this bug or not. But it works.

Any input greatly appreciated.

renderSeconds
    | brush |
    brush := canvas textInput
                id: (self id isNil
                        ifFalse: [self id , '-secs']);
                 value: seconds asFloat rounded asTwoCharacterString;
                 yourself.
    self addSecondsCallbackToBrush: brush.
    brush attributeAt: 'size' put: 2;
         attributeAt: 'maxlength' put: 2

The line:
                 value: seconds asTwoCharacterString;
was giving an error.
I changed it to:
                 value: seconds asFloat rounded asTwoCharacterString;

Let me know how the community wants to handle things like this.

Thanks.

Jimmie