[Seaside-dev] Contributing bug fixes in Seaside

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 16:29:04 UTC 2007

2007/12/7, Jimmie Houchin <j.squeak at cyberhaus.us>:
> Hello,
>
> What is the preferred procedure for people like me who have a potential
> bug fix for Seaside. I am not one of the developers and do not mind
> having my work inspected by others before approval and being committed.
> However, I am happy to commit to the repository if that is preferred. I
> just don't want to cause problems. Though I am very cautious about
> anything I would commit.

http://www.seaside.st/community/contribute
Monticello is not like cvs, we prefer your contribution in as a
commit. In general try to add a helpful log message and keep the
commits small. It is recommended that you subscribe to  this
mailinglist. If you feel that more needs to be said than the code and
and log message open a thread with the version name as a subject.

> While playing around today, I ran into an error when playing with the
> Functional Seaside Test Suite and clicking on the Date and Time
> Selector. I clicked debug, and fixed the code. It is running fine now. I
> do not know if this is the best way to solve this bug or not. But it works.
>
> Any input greatly appreciated.
>

> renderSeconds
>     | brush |
>     brush := canvas textInput
>                 id: (self id isNil
>                         ifFalse: [self id , '-secs']);
>                  value: seconds asFloat rounded asTwoCharacterString;
>                  yourself.
>     self addSecondsCallbackToBrush: brush.
>     brush attributeAt: 'size' put: 2;
>          attributeAt: 'maxlength' put: 2
>

> The line:
>                  value: seconds asTwoCharacterString;
> was giving an error.
> I changed it to:
>                  value: seconds asFloat rounded asTwoCharacterString;
>
> Let me know how the community wants to handle things like this.

Can you describe the problem you obversed? A stack trace would be very
helpful. Looking at the code it might be better to change WATimeInput
>> #seconds: to send #asInteger instead of #asNumber since
asTwoCharacterString is implemented in Integer.