[Seaside-dev] Seaside2.8a1-mb.508

Michael Lucas-Smith mlucas-smith at cincom.com
Thu Oct 18 18:14:59 UTC 2007

Michel Bany wrote:

> On Oct 18, 2007, at 8:04 PM, Philippe Marschall wrote:
>
>> SeasidePlatformSupport>>ifDefined:do: has no senders at all in
>> Seaside. If you only use it in VW I suggest you include it only in VW.
>
> It has a sender in a Seaside add-on (SeasideAsync).

This change was an effort toward the code freezeness actually - we want
Seaside and its commonly used components to load cleanly in to Cincom
Smalltalk without undeclareds and undefineds, etc. In this case, Async
can depend on Scriptaculous if Scriptaculous is loaded. We cannot
introduce the Cincom Smalltalk #{} syntax for variable bindings, so
instead we pushed it to the "platform compatibility" layer -
SeasidePlatformSupport.

Cheers,
Michael