[Seaside-dev] Seaside2.8a1-lr.518 will be Seaside 2.8 final

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemstone.com
Wed Oct 24 18:36:49 UTC 2007

Philippe,

So I'm running the tests after merging Seaside2.8a1-lr.518 and I find
that we're failing WAPlatformTest>>testAsString....Specifically '0.1'
asString returns the 'wrong' value. BTW, '0.1' displayString returns the
'correct' value. Now I know there has been some brouhaha over
asString/displayString, but my interpretation of the end result of the
discussion was that asString would only be used in specific spots (like
converting Symbols to Strings).

SmallDouble>>asString (0.1 ends up being an instance of SmallDouble) is
implemented as a primitive, so it will take a bit of monkey-business on
my part to safely implement #asString for SmallDouble - which can be
done ... BUT....

I'm really just trying to double check whether #asString is ever
expected to be sent to a Float in Seaside (having a test for it does
indicate the expectation).... but it will be a whole lot easier to
simply change the test in GemStone 2.8g1:)

The only suspicious Seaside code is in
WAUrl>>encodeParametersOn:usingHtmlEntities:, since that's the only WA*
class that uses #asString with no qualifying comment, so perhaps this
_is_ the place where a Float is expected.

Dale