[Seaside-dev] WAContext renaming

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 19:31:46 UTC 2008

I reflected a bit on the recent context refactoring. The only thing
that currently bugs me, is its name. I suggest to rename WAContext to
WARequestContext, and the associated selectors from #context to
#requestContext.

The reasons are the following:

- WARequestContext reflects better what it is supposed to be, and
especially what it shouldn't be.

- WARequestContext underlines, that the context is valid only during a
single request and that it should not be stored. Neither within an
instance variable, nor within a temp that gets captured by a
continuation (otherwise we end up with a huge memory leak).

- WARequestContext goes nicer together with WARenderingContext, that
we probably have to refactor a bit anyway (and that by no means is
replaced).

- #requestContext is less likely to cause naming conflicts. I am still
outraged about all the mess around #description.

What do you think?

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch